Giró is the worldwide benchmark in the fruit and vegetables packaging. A brand with over 50 years’ experience in research and development innovation to maintain the essence of fresh produce.
Our team is growing and we are looking for a Field Service Technician to support the team at our Colonia, DE location.
This position requires a minimum of 5 years experience. The Field Service Technician should also build relationships with customers to ensure we are meeting their needs. A focus on professionalism and communication is key to this role.
- Handle customer service calls with the ability to identify, analyse, and solve the problems.
- Provide customer training on machine operation and maintenance
- Comply with customer rules of conduct and safety.
- Communicate actively with the appropriate customer personnel.
- Maintain a positive attitude while performing Technical Service responsibilities at a customer location.
- Verify that the customer is satisfied with the work performed during the visit.
- Ability to establish good working relationships internally and externally
- Provide training to machine operators
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Electro mechanical aptitude includes: Perform equipment installations, technically diagnose and repair equipment, startup of equipment, trouble shoot, repair conversions, rebuilding, preventive maintenance, dismantle of industrial machinery.
- Generate accurate documentation regarding application, repair, equipment configuration, safety issues, equipment efficiencies, preventive maintenance reports, carrier issues, potential equipment failure, customer interface issues, etc.
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Electrics / Electronics.
- Additionally, minimum of 5 years' experience in both electrical and mechanical operation and maintenance of machinery.
- “hands-on” Electro-mechanical experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, AC/DC motor control, PLC’s and Servo Systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills essential.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management.
- Planning and control.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Innovation and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Must be able to work independently and be flexible regarding frequent changes in schedule.